Friday, November 20, 2009

The release of CXF 2.2.5

CXF 2.2.5 has just been released. I don't often, if ever, blog about individual CXF releases but I thought it was worth commenting about this release.

In CXF 2.2.5 improvements have been done to the core, JAXWS and JAXRS runtimes, but I'll post an update about JAXRS-related updates next.

What is remarkable about CXF 2.2.5 is that in the space of few weeks nearly 100 or so long-pending bugs and enhancement requests have been fixed. CXF core and the JAXWS runtime have been improved a lot. Dan, Benson, Christian and others have embarked on the bug fixing spree and the result has been impressive. I've become dizzy during the last few weeks getting the constant stream of merge emails to the trunk and 2.2.x in my email box.

I know it is next to impossible to do a perfect software product. The CXF JAXWS implementation is about to become the one.

No comments: