Wednesday, December 24, 2014

[OT] U2: "We were pilgrims on our way"



"The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)" from the last U2 "Songs of Innocence" album is a refreshing song. The actual album's content is strong. Not necessarily easy to listen though but it is been played in my car's CD player more or less every time I go driving for the last few weeks. The trick is, after listening to it for the first time, do a few days pause, and then listen again with a volume much higher than last time. It's a blast.

I still do like U2 even though I've learned not all in Ireland are the fans of them for various reasons. I was surprised, the same as I was when I was working in Manchester many years back, loving Manchester United and hearing people mentioning some other team, Manchester City :-).
 
The reason I still like U2 is because they are a team. These are the people in their 50s who still talk to each other :-),  continue to support each other, still have the drive and ability to create something as strong and relevant as "Songs of Innocence". I disagree it is entirely down to the financial aspect.

It is an off-topic post but as usual a link to CXF is about to be explored :-). It is in the "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)" text.

Some of CXF users might recognize they were "pilgrims on their way" before they settled on working with CXF :-). If you read it and say, yeah, this is relevant to me, then you know where CXF is. And as U2 conclude, "your voices will be heard".

Finally, here is a link to a New Year song you won't hear in a local shopping centre starting from early September: New Year's Day from U2.  

Happy Christmas and New Year !

 

No comments: